A bathroom remodel is no easy task, especially if you are tearing out your bath, shower and vanity as well as retiling and repainting. Before you start, here are some great tips from the professionals that will help you save time and money – and get you the bathroom of your dreams.
- Pick your floor tiles carefully: Naturally, bathrooms are areas where moisture, spills and puddles are expected, so take this into account when choosing your tiles. Non-slip is best, so look for something with a matt or textured finish. Natural stone looks great and is non-slip, but it’s porous nature means that it will dry slowly and stain easily, even if they are sealed.
- Don’t move your plumbing: If you can work your original plumbing into your design, do so – it will save you a huge amount of money. If you have to move your plumbing, for example if you are expanding your bathroom, then try to minimize the changes and keep baths, showers, toilets and sinks as close to the original locations as possible.
- Include ventilation: Moisture is the primary cause of mold and mildew in the bathroom making the air unpleasantly musty and, in some cases, harmful to your health. Renovating is a great opportunity to install a vent fan that will help keep your bathroom clean and dry. Modern fans are much quieter and more affordable than you may expect!
- Lighting: Older bathrooms often have insufficient lighting, especially those that don’t get a lot of natural light. Plan your lighting early so that you know if you’ll need to run a new cable and buy lights that are rated for bathrooms. Consider having a ceiling light as well as accent, ambient and decorative lighting.
- Pick the right vanity: Bathroom vanities are key pieces of furniture, providing storage as well as an attractive feature. When choosing a vanity, make sure that you can still move freely around the room and that it’s not too big. Don’t choose anything too small either, as it will look out of place and won’t be as practical. While single vanities are still a popular choice, most people look for double vanities if the bathroom is a shared space.
High quality bathroom vanities and more at wholesale prices
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply, we’re able to get vanities, cabinets, shower doors, faucets and porcelain fixtures directly from local and international manufacturers – ensuring that you get the same high quality fixtures without the high street markup. Due to extensive connections with a wide variety of manufacturers, we’re also able to offer you an extensive range of options all in one place – giving you more choice to suit your lifestyle, creative vision and budget. We’re also located in a 3.5% NJ sales tax zone, giving you an even better deal for your money.
As a plumbing parts supply company and wholesaler, we also offer a selection of durable granite countertop options in a variety of colors to add a stylish and elegant touch to your project. If you need to renovate your water heating systems at the same time, we can assist you in choosing the right hot water boiler to suit your family’s needs.
Contact us today or visit our website at http://crosstownplumbing.com/ to find out more about our vanities, faucets, cabinets, sinks and more!