Like any hardworking machine or system, boilers require regular maintenance to ensure that they are operating at their proper capacity with minimal downtime or repairs. Here are some tips for maintaining your residential or commercial boiler, from NJ boiler specialists.
- Adjust your thermostat: Although boilers need to work hard in the winter, it’s important to adjust them during the warmer seasons. Set them to a low temperature that is still comfortable and, if you have a boiler with a more advanced control panel, you can also time it’s heating to cater for certain sections of the day. This doesn’t just ensure that your boiler isn’t overworked, it also saves a considerable amount on your energy bill each month.
- Check your air vents: Debris and dust can easily clog air vents and flues, affecting your boiler’s performance. Every few months it’s a good idea to check the vents and gently vacuum or wipe away the build-up, especially if you have a gas boiler.
- Install a leak detector: It’s important to catch fuel leaks quickly because they’re a health and safety risk as well as a sign that your boiler needs repairs or parts replaced. A detector is a quick and easy way of spotting a problem before it becomes a bigger and more expensive issue.
- De-scale: As boilers do their job, deposits from the incoming water are left behind in the tank and pipes, reducing its heating capacity. In areas with hard water, this can happen more quickly because the water has a higher mineral content. Every few months, check your boiler for lime scale and descale it on a regular basis.
- Check your oil: Once a year, check your boiler’s oil tank levels and refill with a recommended product. Although this is best done at the end of summer before the demand for heating gets higher, you can do this at any time of the year. If the tank runs out, you’ll have to have a professional come in and have the lines bled through, which can be costly.
Replacement parts and boilers in New Jersey at affordable, wholesale prices
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply, we’re a leader amongst plumbing wholesalers focused on delivering the best products and plumbing supplies to New Jersey customers at affordable prices. If you need replacement parts for your residential or commercial boiler, or an entirely new, high-efficiency replacement boiler, we can help you out. We also specialize in replacement water heaters and parts for water heater repair. In addition, our customers can also benefit from our location in a 3.5% NJ sales tax zone as well as great advice from our sales team.
With over 25 years of experience in the New Jersey area and a dedication to excellent customer service, you’re guaranteed to find a boiler and hot water heater system that works perfectly for your needs – and your budget. If you’d like to find out more about our products, please visit our website at http://crosstownplumbing.com/ and contact us today.