Bathroom Vanities: How to Select the Right One
Choosing a bathroom vanity that will work properly in your home is about balancing style with practicality. Here are some great tips for this important home renovation purchase:
- Flow: Consider where your vanity should be placed in your bathroom – you don’t want it to interfere with the doorway or be positioned somewhere where everyone has to step around it. Think about how you want to use your vanity in relation to the rest of the bathroom, especially if it has to fit in with other furniture like cabinets or mirrors.
- Plumbing: Changing your bathroom’s plumbing can really eat into your budget, so be sure to consider this factor before you make a decision. A smaller vanity or corner vanity may be a better choice if you’re looking for an affordable makeover.
- Materials: Vanities in high-traffic bathrooms need to be durable and hardwearing in order to last. It should be made of something strong, easy to clean, water resistant and properly sealed. Don’t forget to apply this to your choice of vanity top as well.
- Storage and scale: Before you buy, consider how much storage you’ll need and how it can fit into your bathroom. A smaller bathroom will need a smaller vanity, so choose something with clever drawers and perhaps a matching piece of bathroom furniture that can be placed on the wall or in another corner if storage is a priority.
- Cleaning: Choosing a surface that is easy to clean is a definite priority in family bathrooms and other high traffic bathrooms, but there are other aspects that make cleaning easier too. For example, suspended/floating vanities allow you to easily access the floor under the cabinet.
- Price: Vanities can range from inexpensive to very costly, so it’s important to spend plenty of time shopping around for the right product.
The difference a high quality bathroom vanity can make
A vanity is a centerpiece for your bathroom and having a high quality, stylish and functional product will make your bathroom a dream to use as well as look at.
If you’re renovating your bathroom, visiting a plumbing supply company like Crosstown Plumbing Supply is a good idea, as we can offer you all your bathroom products at a discounted 3.5% tax, down from 7%, helping you to meet your budget. Contact us today to find out more about our vanities, faucets, bathroom furniture, sinks and more.