Getting a good reputation in the plumbing industry is essential if you want to build a successful business. Whether you’re in commercial plumbing, residential plumbing or both, there are a few things you need to develop a sound professional image.
- Get licensed: The State ofNew Jersey requires plumbers to have a license in order to work as a skilled tradesman. After applying to be an apprentice or journeyman plumber, you can take exams that qualify you as a master plumber. Other criteria include proof of your financial stability, work experience and qualifications – all things that prove to your clients that you are a professional that they can rely on.
- Get insured: Insurance is as good for you as it is for your clients, providing both parties with effective protection. It will cover you in the event of an injury or accident and it assures the homeowner of the quality of your workmanship and that they are covered in the event of property damage.
- Get bonded: While this isn’t essential for most plumbing work, it demonstrates to clients that your work is bondable – that is, financial institutions are satisfied with your workmanship and services, and that you meet their strict requirements for bonded work.
- Offer a warranty: As a plumber, you should always guarantee your services and labor as well as the parts you use for at least one year. This is reassuring to clients and shows that you are prepared to stand by your work.
- Get testimonials: Just like other building contractors, you are only as good as your last job. Having testimonials and references from previous clients is invaluable, as it shows potential clients the high quality of your work.
- Get the right plumbing supplies: High quality plumbing supplies are the keystones to your business, whether you are fixing a leak or doing an entire bathroom renovation. Find a supplier with a trusted name, who has been doing business in the area for a long time and can offer you great prices on top quality parts.
Find the right plumbing supply company in New Jersey
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply, we take pride in the affordability and range of the products we stock. In addition to plumbing supplies and tools, we also offer heating and cooling systems, boilers and boiler parts, furnaces, wholesale kitchen and bathroom cabinets, countertops and vanities.
As a one-stop plumbing shop we have catered to professionals and DIY customers alike for over 25 years and our specialists are always available to offer expert advice on any project. Our customers can also benefit from our location in a 3.5% NJ sales tax zone. For more information on our plumbing supplies, please contact us or visit our website at http://crosstownplumbing.com/ today.