Plumbing supplies aren’t only for professional plumbers. For homeowners, it’s definitely worth investing in a set of plumbing tools because over the years there will inevitably be some minor, easy-to-fix issues with the plumbing systems that can easily be fixed.
Did you know that the average homeowner spends around $2,000 a year on home maintenance? Homeowners may be able to tackle the problem themselves with the help of these tools:
- A drain snake. This is a long metal rod with a hand crank at one end, and it’s used to dislodge any debris that has gathered in your pipes. After removing the drain stopper, lower the drain snake into the pipe and crank it around several times so it scrapes all sides of the pipe. When you pull it up you’ll see what’s causing the clog, and you may need to do it several times.
- A wrench set. Plumbing often involves getting into hard-to-reach places, so you’ll need an adjustable wrench, a basin wrench, and a pipe wrench, to name a few. These wrenches
- A good plunger. This may seem obvious, but plungers aren’t only for unclogging your toilet – you can use a plunger to unclog stubborn shower drains, also.
- A caulk gun and caulk. Caulk is the waterproof sealant used around showers, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, and other locations where you need a waterproof material to prevent damage. When you notice the caulk starting to wear a little thin, or if it begins to lift, simply use your caulk gun to apply a new layer.
- High-quality duct tape. Any DIY homeowner will have rolls of duct tape lying around, and it’s especially useful with plumbing because it’s water resistant. If you notice a tiny leak you can wrap some duct tape around it to keep it from getting worse until you’re able to fix it properly.
Plumbing supplies from your local wholesaler
As a plumber you appreciate the convenience of finding all the supplies you need in a single location, especially tools for jobs that can be a bit difficult. Your local plumbing supply company is a one-stop-shop for all the best brands, the widest selection of tools and other supplies, and expert advice from industry professionals. Instead of driving around to several locations to get everything you need, visit your local plumbing supply wholesaler for everything you need to get the job done.
For more information about plumbing supplies, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us today. Discover why so many people choose us as their preferred plumbing supply company. We look forward to hearing from you.