If you’ve recently decided to replace or upgrade your home’s water heater, you’re going to be faced with one important question: Do you want a traditional tank system or a tankless, on-demand water heater? Here are some of the pros and cons of both, from water heater experts in NJ, to help you make an informed choice.
- Hot water whenever you want it: If your family is constantly complaining about the shower running cold or not having enough hot water for daily use, a tankless system may be best for your needs. Rather than preheating a set quantity of water like a tank heater, this system can heat up water in seconds – so you never run out.
- Energy efficiency: For many consumers, saving on their energy bill over the long term is a big priority. Tankless systems are the greener and more wallet-friendly choice here, as they only heat up water when it is required, rather than burning energy the whole day to keep water hot that may not be used. Energy bills for tank systems are usually considerably higher than tankless systems.
- Purchase and installation costs: If you currently have a tank water heater, the installation costs for a tankless system is more expensive, as is the system itself. For some consumers, this puts a tankless system out of their budget even though there are long term savings that would benefit them down the line. Tank systems are simply more affordable initially and faster to install into an existing system.
- Lifespan: Tank systems may be more affordable to buy and install, but they don’t last as long. They need to be replaced around every 10 years while tankless systems can last twice that long.
- Space: A big tank will have to be installed into your roof or inside your home, which can be an issue on some properties. You may find that you are limited to a much smaller tank than you or your family requires. Tankless systems, however, are small and streamlined, and can be installed in almost any property.
Explore our wide range of tank and tankless water heaters and boilers – at wholesale prices
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply, we’re focused on delivering the best products to New Jersey customers at affordable, wholesale prices. If you’re considering a new water heater, keep in mind that many of them qualify for New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program and may make you eligible for rebates – making your investment even more worthwhile. In addition, our customers can also benefit from our location in a 3.5% NJ sales tax zone as well as great advice from our sales team.
With over 25 years of experience in the New Jersey area and a dedication to excellent customer service, you’re guaranteed to find a boiler and hot water heater system that works perfectly for your needs – and your budget. If you’d like to find out more about our products or get assistance finding parts for your heating system, please visit our website at http://crosstownplumbing.com/ and contact us today.