If you’re building or renovating your New Jersey home and replacing your hot water boiler, you’re likely being faced with an important choice between a tankless hot water system and a traditional tank option. So, what should you do? Here are some pros and cons to help you make the right decision.
Pros and cons of traditional tank heating systems
- These systems are inexpensive to install and have a relatively quick installation time.
- They are easy and inexpensive to replace and service. The equipment isn’t complex and they are simple to install, so less can go wrong with them.
- These systems will cost you more to run because they heat and reheat water to a set temperature whether there is demand for it or not.
- The tanks are generally quite large, so you need to have a specific area in which to place it. They also cannot be placed outside.
- Your tank will generally have to be replaced every 10 to 15 years, half the lifespan of a tankless system.
- Because a tank system only heats a specific quantity of water and takes a long time to do so, you can run out of hot water if there is high demand.
Pros and cons of tankless heating systems
- You’ll reduce your energy bill and water usage significantly in the long term with these highly efficient systems.
- These systems are small and take up very little space – they can even be installed outside.
- The lifespan of these systems is 20+ years, much longer than tank systems.
- You will never run out of hot water, as these systems provide hot water on demand.
- The initial cost of the system and its installation is higher than traditional tank systems.
- If you are replacing your existing tank hot water system with a tankless system the retrofitting costs will make the installation more expensive.
If you are unsure which water heating system is the right choice for your home, the experienced sales assistants at Crosstown Plumbing Supply in New Jersey can help you narrow your choices. As a wholesaler, we are able to offer you an extensive range of high quality options at significantly discounted prices and recommend trusted companies to assist you with the installation. We are also located in a 3.5% NJ sales tax zone- making your project even more affordable.
For more information on replacement boilers and heating systems for residential and commercial buildings, contact us today!