With so many water heaters on the market, choosing the best one for your home isn’t as easy as it seems. You may have heard about tankless water heaters but don’t know how they work, what the benefits are, or how they compare to traditional water heaters. Here are just a few of the advantages and disadvantages:
- Tankless water heaters are more energy efficient than traditional water heaters. When you don’t have a large storage tank to heat, your system only heats the water it uses at one time, rather than the entire tank.
- Using a tankless water heater will generally save you money in the long run. The initial set-up costs can be expensive, but tankless heaters last longer and are generally cheaper to run.
- If you’re interested in the most environmentally friendly option, tankless water heaters use less fuel than traditional heaters do to heat up the same amount of water. The average efficiency of a tankless water heater is between 80 – 99%, making them the most environmentally friendly choice.
- Tankless water heaters often require a significant upfront investment to set them up. You may need to upgrade your home’s water pipes and electrical wiring to make it compatible with a tankless heater.
- If you plan on running the shower, the washing machine, and the dishwasher all at the same time, or other appliances that require hot water, a single tankless water heater will not be able to supply hot water to all of these appliances at the same time.
There are certain criteria that determine which type of water heaters will work best in your home. For example: how many people live in your home? Are you often running the dishwasher, the washing machine, and the shower at the same time? How many people on average take a shower in a single morning? Once our team has a good understanding of your home water needs, we’ll be happy to make a professional recommendation.
Contact us to learn more about water heaters
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply we carry an extensive range of hot water heaters and our experts are always happy to help you find the best option for your home. Whether you’re moving into a new home and want top-of-the-line water heaters, or you feel your existing plumbing system needs an upgrade, we have solutions that will work for every home and every budget.
We’re happy to discuss your water heater options, and other important components including your plumbing system. If you want to learn more about water heaters, please contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you.