In this icy weather, the last thing you want is to be dealing with boiler problems. Not only are these a big inconvenience that can put a dent in your day, they can also put a dent in your wallet. Here’s some advice from leading residential and commercial boiler suppliers on what to do.
The first step to getting a working solution is diagnosing the issue affecting your boiler. Common problems include:
- It keeps turning off – This can be due to low water pressure, a frozen condensate pipe, air trapped in the system or thermostat issues. You can thaw your condensate pipe, check for water system maintenance in your area and bleed your radiator to remove air pockets.
- The pilot light keeps going out – Usually, this is due to a faulty thermocouple or damaged seals and can be repaired by professionals.
- Inconsistent heat – This can be due to a faulty thermostat and a professional plumber can fix or replace the unit for you.
- Leaks – Boilers can leak for many reasons, including loose connections or damaged parts. It will need to be professionally diagnosed and fixed, so it’s best to turn off the water supply and call your plumbers.
- Noise – A noisy boiler can be the result of limescale building up inside the heat exchanger. Regular services will help keep the system clear and quiet.
Once you know the nature of the problem affecting your boiler, you can decide whether to take the DIY or professional road to fixing it. If this is one of many incidents that has affected your boiler, or your boiler is over 10 years old, it might be time to replace it with a new model.
Your local plumbing supply wholesalers will be able to offer you state-of-the-art high-efficiency boilers, cast iron boilers, water heaters, gas boilers and steam boilers from all of the leading brands on the market. This equipment is designed to be affordable and to save you money in the long run by reducing your home or business’s energy consumption by up to 16% every month.
High-quality commercial and residential boilers at wholesale prices
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply, we have a reputation for high-quality, affordable plumbing products as well as great advice – services we’ve been supplying for over 25 years. We carry a wide range of boilers, water heaters and parts all at affordable, wholesale prices and are located in a 3.5% NJ sales tax zone – giving our customers further value for money. To find out more about our boiler products, heating systems and services, please contact us or visit our website at http://crosstown.wpengine.com/ today.