Heating System Supplier for Northern NJ

Most U.S. homes are heated with either furnaces or boilers powered by gas, oil, electricity, or in some cases even coal!  (Remember the movie Christmas Story?)  Furnaces heat air and distribute it through the house using ducts; boilers heat water, providing either hot water or steam for heating. Steam is distributed via pipes to steam radiators, and hot water can be distributed via baseboard radiators or newer radiant floor systems, or can heat the air through a coil.  High-efficiency versions of all types of furnaces and boilers are currently available and if you haven’t replaced yours in the last 10 years, you may be due for an upgrade that will save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in annual energy costs.

The central measurement of a furnace or boiler’s efficiency is called the AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency).  The AFUE is calculated as the ratio between the heat output of the furnace and the total energy consumed by the furnace. An AFUE of 90% means that 90% of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home and the other 10% escapes out of the chimney or other places.

Being Green

It is well known that Energy efficiency upgrades and a new high-efficiency heating system can cut your fuel bills and your furnace’s pollution output in half.   The department of energy states that upgrading your furnace or boiler from 56% to 90% efficiency in an average cold-climate house will save 1.5 tons of carbon dioxide emissions each year if you heat with gas, or 2.5 tons if you heat with oil.

Crosstown carries an extensive line of heating system solutions in every category.   We only carry systems that our experience has shown to be quality, long lasting heating solutions and we can tell you exactly why that is true for any heating system we carry.

We recommend you call us for a free consultation on your heating system.   Our experts will review your situation and recommend the technology and exact system specifications to meet your needs and your budget.

Call us now at (973) 677-1717 for prompt, professional assistance.

Interested in more information on heating systems and costs?  Visit the crosstown heating systems primer page.

Crosstown Professionals Sign In. JOIN NOW!