Fall is the ideal time of year to perform any maintenance and repairs on your HVAC or heating system in your New Jersey home or business. It’s cool enough to test your system properly and, if it needs any repairs or replacing, HVAC companies are able to get out to you quickly before the winter rush. Here are some tips from your local plumbing supply company:
- Invest in a top quality air filter: If you haven’t upgraded your air filter, now is the right time to get a high-efficiency pleated air filter. These filters are easy to install, come in standard sizes and are surprisingly affordable. They offer MERV ratings ranging from 11 to 14 and are energy efficient and environmentally friendly – a benefit to nature and your wallet.
- Clear the area around your HVAC unit: It’s a good idea to keep at least 2 feet of clear space around your HVAC unit. This helps to prevent blockages from grass, leaves, pollen and other debris.
- For humidifiers: If you have a furnace humidifier, replace the humidifier filter and turn the water on in fall. When summer arrives, remember to turn the water off again.
- Replace carbon monoxide detector battery: Carbon monoxide poisoning is dangerous, so it’s vital your detector is in good working order. Replacing the batteries annually in the fall is a good way to ensure the system is working.
- Inspect refrigerant and insulation lines: Look for damage and wear on the lines leading into your home and replace them if necessary.
- Clear the air conditioner condensate drain: This time of year is also a great time to ensure your HVAC system is in working order after a hot summer. Simply pour a cup of water mixed with a little vinegar into the air conditioner condensate drain to kill off any mold or algae that has developed over the warmer months.
Get all the heating system equipment you need at great prices
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply, we offer our customers a wide range of top quality heating systems, boilers, gas boilers, furnaces, water heaters and replacement parts. In addition to our affordable prices, customers and contractors also benefit from our 3.5% NJ sales tax.
If you’d like to find out more about our products or get assistance finding parts for your heating system, please contact us today.