If you’ve started to explore a kitchen remodeling project for your New Jersey home, you’re probably beginning to realize just how many hundreds of options are out there. But what will work best for your space? That’s where our kitchen remodeling checklist will help you narrow down your choices and get the best results.
Here’s what you need to do when considering a kitchen remodel:
- Measure the dimensions of your current space.
- Consider options for rearranging the layout, knocking out walls, etc.
- Consider where you would place your work triangle (Range, refrigerator and sink) for maximum functionality.
- Create an idea folder for inspiration.
- List your kitchen priorities from most to least important.
- Determine your budget – it should be no more than 20% of your home’s value and contain an additional 20% of the budget for contingency expenses.
- Walls – Paint colors, tile options, backsplash, placement of switches.
- Cabinets – New (Wholesale cabinets or bespoke) or refurbished.
- Countertop – Granite, marble, butcher-block, concrete, laminate, synthetic/re-cast stone or tile.
- Sink – Single, double, stainless steel, cast iron, engineered stone or extra large.
- Additional – Faucets, sprayer, soap dispenser, filtered water and garbage disposal.
- Flooring – Tile, hardwood, linoleum, laminate, vinyl.
- Lighting – Track, recessed, feature lighting or spotlights (This is especially important over prep areas).
- Appliances – Oven, stovetop, dishwasher and refrigerator. You will also need a dedicated space for a washer and dryer if you don’t have a utility room. Remember to measure carefully for each appliance before you sign off on your layout in order to make sure they all fit comfortably. It’s also a great idea to get matching appliances to give your kitchen a stylish, uniform look.
At Crosstown Plumbing Supply, we offer our clients great discounts on kitchen cabinets, faucets and other necessities for your remodeling project. As a wholesaler, we’re able to supply you with a wide range of choices, lower your kitchen remodel cost and our dedicated staff will assist you with measuring your cabinets and designing floor plans – we’ll even come to your house and create a layout for you for free. For more information on how we can assist you or ideas on how to get the best out of your project, please contact us today.